Monday, October 3, 2011

Do you believe in Paradise? (Coron Palawan)

             

                       It was mid of March when I traveled to Coron, Palawan. I heard the place is beautiful and best place to spend your summer. So I booked my trip and below what I found out....









             

               Arrived in Busuanga Airport at around 2pm, the flight from Manila took 1 & half hour. At the Airport, someone's waiting for me because I booked my room at Mommitas Lodge already (transportation included). 30 minutes from the airport til we reached Coron. 3days/4nights was just  around 3,000 pesos. One airconditioned room, no wifi /no tv but the place is just perfect for me as a Traveler/Backpacker. They have room with tv, which is more expensive of course. Rested for a while then went to Souvenir Shop where I bought a mask.








               Next morning, I asked Mammita, owner of the lodge for a tour to Malcapuya Island (only place I was interested at.) Luckily there's a group (my housemates) who will travel there so She included me in their tour. Guess what? They are all accountants. Same profession, so it was not hard to get along with them. Boat fee ride is 2k pesos. It took 2 hours from Coron to Malcapuya Island.










       
               We arrived in Malcapuya Island at around 11:30 in the afternoon. They are really right! Indeed Paradise! The Island is superb, no exact word can define her beauty. The sands are exactly how polvoron looks like (home made dessert combination of milk and flour). The water is so green and a lot of different beautiful fishes and sea horse under. Took some shots and had lunch (seafood ofcourse! crabs & shrimps!!). After lunch, We went to Banana Island.
















           Banana Island is just 30minutes away from Malcapuya Island. The island is also beautiful. There's a voleyball net, where you could play volleyball. Perfect place for a group Traveler. Underwater, I found one fish, famous fish in the Hollywood that everyone's loooking for. Yes, I found 'Nemo' at Banana Island. He's a bit hard to catch because he keeps hiding in one coral reef which is a bit deeper. After 5 times of trying. I finally caught him! :)












        After the island hopping, we went back to the lodge. After shower, had a small chat with the other travelers while waiting for the food. They informed me that they've been to Twin Lake and Island Safari. Too bad, wasn't able to come early. But not that bad as my only target that time was Malcapuya Island. My itinerary was just for 2 days. So I spent the rest of the night outside the lodge and slept around at 11pm. My flight was 10 in the morning so woke up at 7am, had a quick breakfast, shower then off to Airport. Checked in at 8:30am, bound for Manila via Cebu Pacific. Arrived in Manila at 11:30am and went back home. One thing is for sure, I need to go back to Coron, and check the places I've missed.        
    






No comments:

Post a Comment