Monday, October 3, 2011

Wake Me Up When September Ends. (Cagayan De Oro-Camiguin)


                        It was end of September when I traveled to Cagayan De Oro - Camiguin for a 4 day trip. There was a supertyphoon Pedring in Luzon during that time. Luckily, the weather in Mindanao was different. I arrived in Lumbia Aiport (CDO) at around 10am via Cebu Pacific. The flight took 1 & half hour travel from Manila. From Lumbia, I took a cab, fare is 200 pesos for a special trip from Lumbia to Divisoria. 20 minutes travel. You can take a Jeepney to Carmen outside the airport (left side). The price is around 20pesos. Then from Carmen, you need to take another jeepney ride to Cathedral. From Cathedral, Divisoria is just a walking distance.














                       I checked in at Morvie Motel located in Divisoria, price for Overnight is only 500 pesos. The Motel has free Wifi. Room was not that bad. But I experienced water disconnection in the middle of my shower. I had my lunch at Eatery (Small Restaurant) near the motel. I ordered Sinugba (Grilled pork), 2 rice and softdrinks. The meal is just 80pesos. The Sinugba tastes good. After my lunch, I walked around the Divisoria and tried to find travelling agency for my Whitewater Rafting activity. Unfortunately, I ended up searching in the internet (Cagayan De Oro.gov.ph website). After I booked my Rafting (700 pesos [basic has 14 rapids]), I slept for 3 hours. At around 6pm, I took some photos outside the motel and searched for good restaurant for my Dinner. And found Cinnamon Bakeshop, place where I had my dinner (food is already cold) so can't tell if the meal tastes good or not. But the dessert, mango cake is surely very delicious. One slice of cake for only 20pesos. After my dinner, I tried the blind massage in Divisoria Park. 50/100pesos for half/whole body. My Masseur's name is Arsley. He's good, very kind and has full of hope despite of being blind. He told me he wants to go to Manila just for Eatbulaga (noontime show located in Broadway Quezon City) and Bossing (host of the show). Since I can't afford to buy him tickets yet, I gave him a good tip and bought him a new sunglasses instead. Then after my massage, I went back to Motel, spent some hour in the internet then sleep (just because my Rafting schedule was early next morning).











                       Next Day, woke up at 6am and took a shower, checked out from the Motel then walked to McDonald (meet up point). Waited for more than 30mins. Took some shots while waiting. From Divisoria to Rafting point was 30 minutes travel. My rafting mates were all Koreans. Rafting was superb! Basic has 14 rapids. No dull moments. I enjoyed every minute of it. It took 1 & half hour. Then had my lunch in a restaurant end point of Rafting,  Their lechon baka  (fried beef) is good. The meal costs 180 pesos with one free drink. After lunch, our service drove us back to Divisoria. From Divisoria, I took a jeepney to Agora Station (Bus Station going to Balingoan port). Bus from Agora to Balingoan took 1 & half hour. Arrived in Balingoan port at 4pm. Successfully got the last trip going to Camiguin Island. Ferry Fare is 170pesos. Took 1 hour travel. At port, there was one kid who was asking me for money. I didn't have coins that time so I gave him my kitkat instead. From Camiguin port, took a van to Mambajao (central of Camiguin), fare is 30 pesos. 30 minutes of travel. Then from Mambajao took a mini jeepney to Agora (neareast barangay to White Island). Stayed in Coves Resort, 700 pesos for one night.No internet, no televesion either. So no choice but sleep.














                        Third Day, woke up at around 9 in the morning (very tired from yesterday). Had a quick shower then breakfast in the resort, (scrambled egg, native tocino(sweetened pork), coffee, juice and papaya) for P250. Very expensive indeed. But glad I love how they cooked their scrambled egg and native tocino. Both were delicious. After breakfast, took a boat ride to White Island (white sand beach) 5 minutes travel. The boat ride fare is 500 pesos. Expensive for Solo traveler. White Island is perfect for special dinner and marriage proposal. Just because the island is only about 300-400sqm and the place is just lovely. Took some shots first and then quick swim. After White Island, went back to Resort and checked out. From Resort, rented a jeepney for 250pesos for Agora to Catarman (Sunken Cemetery). 20 minutes to get to Catarman. Took some shots, bought some souvenirs and then off to Mambajao. From Mambajao, took Habal Habal (motorcyle ride) to Camiguin port. Then went back to CDO where I spent 2 hours in Divisoria for Dinner and massage. Then headed to Lumbia Airport. Slept inside the airport for 4 hours.









                         Last Day, checked in at around 3:30am bound for Manila via Zest Air. Arrived in Naia at 7am. Then went back home. Like my other out of town trips, only good memories & photos will remain.






No comments:

Post a Comment